Sunday, October 4, 2009

Who are These People and What I am Doing Here?

So I must apologize for my absence.  This week has been slightly crazy to say the least as I try to slide back into the world of the working.  So I started my new job last Monday, not sure at all what to expect.  My first day went well. I was very productive and got to know everyone in the office pretty well (1).  However, for the first three days, I wasn't exactly clear on what was going on.  You see I was told I was "helping with marketing (2)," which is pretty vague.  However after long talks with the designers and account managers, I finally figured it out.

I also discovered quite a few other perks to working in a small agency.  First we have a kitchen full of food (M & M's, granola, goldfish, pretzels, mini candy bars, and other brain food) and a fridge of sodas (3). I get the feeling that this will be a fun office because not only do we have a foosball table and an air hockey table but while rummaging around in the kitchen the other day, I discover a half of a handle of tequila underneath the sink (4). Finally we have an office pet.  It's a cat, that lives in our office.  Apparently it's our owner's cat who lives in the office because the cat and their other pet, a dog, don't get along (5).

Overall I think that it will turn out okay (6).  I am finally getting my feet on the ground and ready to start running.

As for Mr. Med School, he is doing well, just adjusting to me not being around all the time.  I think that Santiago (7), his Cadaver, is taking my place (8).The Cadaver Count for this week was 9 hours, which was less than the 12 that he spent last week.  We'll see what this week hold but an upcoming test tells me that he, and Santiago will be very close this week too.

1. There are only 12 of us in the office, it's not that hard to remember 
2. Seeing that we are a marketing company...doesn't everyone "help with marketing"
3. So how's that diet working?
4. Must mean people are working late nights...
5. And apparently she doesn't get along with anyone else because I'm told she bites 
6. Seriously, let's face it, I'm just glad to have a job at this point
7. Yes, literary allusion to Old Man and the Sea...don't ask, Mr. Med School has already been informed that he is a nerd
8. But he'll never be as good of a cook ... hahahaha

1 comment:

  1. I work at a small boutique PR agency. There's only 5 FT people, but it's the cutest little place ever. We don't have tequila, but there's been about 5 times in the last 3 weeks that we've seriously considered going to the liquor store, and not from working late nights, either! It's really awesome you got a job. We were lucky to stay in College City so I didn't have to start all over, and I can't even imagine how scary it must have been!

    ReplyDelete