Monday, October 5, 2009

You Put Brandy in These?

As stated before, I love to bake.  However, with the current diet du jour, I don't need to eat the things that I bake so work, Mr. Med School's friends or tailgating buddies are often the beneficiaries of my food.  For this past weekend's game, Mr. Med School and I went up to tailgate at our Alma Mater.  I decided to make a tasty treat that I had seen recently on the Martha Stewart Show (1), Martha's Perfect Sugar Cookies (2).  Martha's recipe called for all of the normal ingredients .. butter, sugar, flour, brandy, baking powder...wait Brandy?  Since when do you use that in cookies (3)

Anywho, they came out really well if I do say so myself.  Especially after I figured out that my cookie cutters were still in storage (4) but that just made me get creative.



They ended up good although I did have an interesting time trying to write the players names on the Jersey cookies (5) but for a first try they looked pretty good, and I'm told tasted great!

1. Yeah when I was unemployed and worshipped daytime television
2. Ahh but isn't everything she does "perfect" http://www.marthastewart.com/article/cooking-school-perfect-sugar-cookies-and-royal-icing?
3. Seriously Martha's done time... I have the feeling she's adding liquor to a lot of her recipes since that span of her life
4. Yes, I do own cookie cutters, about 50 to be exact.  Just in case anyone needs a cookie shaped like a pumpkin, school house, train, dog, sail boat, I can arrange that for you.  
5. Thank God all of the recognizable players have short last names!

No comments:

Post a Comment