Monday, September 28, 2009

First Days

Pencils, paper and new book smells.  That was my day today.  Do you remember your first day of school at a new school?  You were kind of nervous that you wouldn’t fit in or that the teacher would way over anticipate the load that you could take or that you wouldn’t know how to use your brand new T-83 Calculator.  That was me today…except it wasn’t school, it was a new job and it wasn’t a teacher, it was boss and it wasn’t a calculator, it was a new Mac Book (1).

So since Mr. Med school and I moved, I have been searching for a new job in Small Town, South.  Finally last week, the heavens opened up, and I received an email that said “Please Call me, 555 – 9820.”  This email was from the head of a small marketing agency that I interviewed at several weeks ago.  When I called back, they offered me a job starting on Monday.

Sweet, so now I have a job.  However, this is when the nerves started.  What if they pile the work on me on the first day, and I am overwhelmed (2)? What if all of my coworkers resent the new girl (3)?  What if I sit there bored all day because they don’t give me anything to do (4)?

It all turned out to be okay though (5).  Everyone was friendly, and although they did throw me into work, I wasn’t completely overwhelmed.  I did get a new Mac Book as my computer, and the work environment is nice (6).  I think that things are gonna be okay.  Wish me luck!
1. I realize, welcome me to the 21st century
2. I can totally act like I understand everything, and then just take it all home and study it
3. I can win them over with my bitter sarcasm charming personality
4. That’s why BlackBerry puts Brick Breaker on their phones   
5. Except for the Mac part.  It took me 5 minutes to figure out how to turn it off because I was too proud to ask anyone
6. 2 word: Foosball Table 
  
     
    

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job! You didn't mention anything about the most important aspect of a new job - what to wear! I'm sure you looked fabulously preppy and adorable. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete