Sunday, September 13, 2009

What Do You Mean No Diet Coke?

Size 4, 120 pounds and really tan. That was my description when I got married, and frankly, it was awesome. I could wear whatever I wanted, and I looked great in a bikini. Well 2 years and a high intensity job changes things (1). I have tried many different diets but I have this one weakness: I like LOVE food.  I love to cook, bake and just play with food.  I usually start out good on these diets but inevitably around day 5 ... I start to slip a little.  I have one chip and then I have another and before I know it, I have eaten half of a bag.

This time, however, it will be different (2).  My mother has started a new diet called Thrive, and after hearing me complain about weight, she has decided that I am going on said diet as well (3).  So it seems easy enough.  You are allowed to eat certain things (4) like green veggies and white meat and then you phase in other foods like red meat, fruit, carbs.

So our first shopping trip was a little difficult.  If you eat bread, it must be Double Fiber Wheat Bread.  That's too expensive says Mr. Med School, who usually eats 2 sandwiches each day for lunch on $.99 a loaf bread.  Then we move to cheese.  On Thrive, you can't eat Yellow Cheese (5) because of the food dye.  However, non yellow cheese is again too expensive.  After buying all of the "expensive food," I told Mr. Med School that he couldn't drink beer more than twice a week. He decided he didn't need to loose weight after all.

So I have started now!  No red meat, no potatoes or pasta, no wine and possibly the worst...no diet coke (6).  I will be sure to update you on my failures progress. Wish me luck.      

1. By about 25 pounds and 4 sizes to be exact
2. Hopefully
3. Ergo Mr. Med School is starting a new diet
4. Wow Shocking, I know
5. A staple of Mr. Med School's sandwiches
6. Caramel Coloring, get's you every time

No comments:

Post a Comment