Monday, September 21, 2009

Food, Football and Fun

So I am a huge College football fan, mostly thanks to Mr. Med School's obsession with all things BCS.  Although I am not as passionate (1) as Mr. Med School about the Game, I do love the watching the game.  I should also mention that I love gamewatching parties and tailgating almost just as much.

This past weekend, we were unable to go to our alma mater's game so we invited some fellow alumni over to watch the game.  Just to show everyone a good time, we made a few snacks (2).  However, I think that my favorite new find were Nutter Butter and Oreo footballs (3).   The lovely little delights are super easy to make too.  Just take a package or either Nutter Butters or Oreos and throw them in a food processor. Then add a block of cream cheese and mix.  Shape into footballs and put in fridge.  Then melt some almond bark and dip the football shaped goodness into the chocolate.  ...and Wah lah



Nutter Butter Filled Deliciousness


  
Yum, and yes those are chocolate covered pretzels in the background (4).

Not only were these super easy to make but they were a big hit.  And no, due to the current diet, I didn't eat any (5). I would definitely recommend these and tons of other stuff on Bakerella's site.  Never fear, there will be many more game watching parties and tailgates.  I will be sure to report back with other yummy recipes.

1. At least if passionate counts as yelling, throwing things at the television or people in his vicinity and coaching the players throughout the game.  I honestly believe he thinks that they can hear him.
2. Elaborate meal of heavy hors d'oeuvres
3. Courtesy of Bakerella on  http://www.bakerella.com/super-bowl-funday/
4. I had extra chocolate, did you not expect me to use it?
5. Yay Will power!

No comments:

Post a Comment