Sunday, September 20, 2009

Words to Lull You to Sleep

We have a strict don't talk about work / school over dinner rule.  This is coming in especially handy now that Mr. Med School has begun Anatomy Lab (1).  As I have posted before, I have a very squeamish stomach and talking about dead people...well that just doesn't go along well with white meat and green veggies dinner.

So Mr. Med School has taken to telling me about things that happened in his day as we lay in bed.  The other night just as I was about to fall asleep, I hear "I wish he was more moist."  "What?" I ask groggily.  "Our cadaver, he's kind of dry and sometimes he falls apart."  Awesome that's exactly what I want to dream about tonight: some old, dead guy falling apart.  I guess that will remind me to use moisturizer.

On another note, I have noticed since Anatomy Lab began that Mr. Med School is spending quite a few hours "studying" in the lab.  So I am starting a new segment called Cadaver Count, the amount of hours that Mr. Med School spends with dead people over spending time with me.  This last week, he spent 9 hours with the Cadavers, more time than any other student he boasts (2).


1. Cutting open dead people lab
2. What an accomplishment.. I'm such a proud wife

1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog! Can't wait to keep reading about the adventures of med school.

    ReplyDelete