Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sam's Club is Conspiring Against Me

So it's school time again, which means back-to-school shopping.  Unfortunately no new school clothes for me, just school supplies.  So I begin to scour the newspaper ads for sales on paper, pens, binders and the usual.

Unfortunately, in my search, I received this wonderful ad sent to me in the mail:


So what worried me was not that I forgot to pick up cereal or paper towels but that top headline: "Mom's back-to-school stock-up."

I understand how this marketing works.  They purchase lists of people in certain areas of certain ages. Apparently, I now fall into the "mom" age, and not just 'I had a baby last month' age but 'my child is old enough to be in school' age.  Great!  Not only is my mother continually pushing for a grandchild but apparently Sam's Club is too.  Super .. Here's to another school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment