Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Let Me See that Tootsie Roll

For Halloween, we had planned to go to a few parties but wouldn't be leaving our home until 9pm or so.  Just in case a trick-or-treater or 2 came by, I went out an bought a couple of bags of candy.  Of course, as fate would have it, no trick-or-treaters made it by equaling tons of 






Now I specifically got these 2 candies because I am not particularly fond of them (1).  So now we have the dilemma of what to do with all of this candy (2).  After an afternoon of recipe searching on the Web, I decided to do what I do with all of my leftover Christmas candy and stick the leftover Tootsie rolls into a batch of blondies (3).  With the addition of some peanuts in the batter and left over ganache frosting from a cake.   They turned out really well except for the Tootsie rolls that melted on the bottom of the pan (4).   







Now if I could just figure out what to do with the Smarties.


1. But Mr. MedSchool will eat anything
2. I mean...besides eat it all
3. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tori-ritchie/monster-macadamia-nut-blondies-recipe/index.html
4. Parchment paper...next time

No comments:

Post a Comment