Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to 2010

It's been so long, and I have missed you all.  So to explain my long blogging absence, the only explanation that I have is that things have been slightly South of crazy.  So just to give you a run down: in the last month and a half we have bought a house, fixed it up, moved in, gone on a 15 hour road trip, been in 5 states, celebrated 2 holidays, and managed not to loose my mind.

So I have learned a few things with our ventures of the past few weeks:

  1. I was never meant to be a painter or a carpenter or handiman or any job that requires skill or handiness 
  2. If the weather says Heavy Snow, even though you live in the South, they might be telling the truth
  3. Man CAN live on peanut butter, poptarts and cereal alone
  4. If you tell my mother you want cute scarves for Christmas, she will by you a few, 15 to be exact
  5. Swedes can pack, have you ever been to Ikea?
  6. DVR WILL change your life
  7. Attics = Storage Unit for Husband's Junk
I will expound up these in the coming weeks as well as our great adventures of home ownership.  As for now, I leave you with this thought: No matter how crazy and busy your last year was... always be ready for the next to be a bigger whirl wind.  Happy 2010.      

No comments:

Post a Comment